- In Stock
- Factor 55
Replace conventional winch hooks with the new safer, stronger, and smarter Factor 55 Splicer.
The world’s first splice on synthetic rope shackle mounting thimble with rope protection and integrated rubber pad.
The unique machined rope passage provides a tough outer barrier to protect against rope impact and abrasion as well as UV exposure protection. Compatible with synthetic ropes up to 1/2″ in diameter.
NOTE: Unlike the Factor 55 ProLink and Flatlink shackle mount products, The Splicer requires synthetic rope splicing knowledge. We recommend either the locking Brummel Splice or Long Bury Splice. There are many rope splicing video tutorials available on the web.
Made in USA. Patent Pending.
The advantages of winching with a screw pin shackle over a conventional winch hook are many:
- Screw pin shackles are up to 5X stronger than conventional winch hooks
- Conventional hooks are too small to safely fit both ends of a recovery strap
- Recover straps cannot slip out of a shackle like they can with hooks
- Hook safety latches are not rated for loads and can tear recovery straps
- Conventional hook surfaces add higher stresses to recovery strap fibers, resulting in decreased strap ratings
- Shackles can be quickly removed and stowed away until needed for winching.
- Hooks do not cinch neatly against fairleads and are prone to rattling and loosening
- Conventional winch hooks are designed for chains – not commonly used recovery straps
- Engineered, Tested, and Made in USA — Patent Pending
- Stress analyzed using COSMOS FEA and destructively tested for confirmation
- Billet construction — precision machined from 6061-T6 Kaiser Aluminum round bar
- 16,000 pound max load rating
- Fits all steel cables and synthetic ropes up to 3/8″ in diameter
- Fits eyes equipped with standard or tube thimbles to 3/8 inch diameters
- 1.2 inch shackle tab thickness virtually eliminates “shackle rattle”
- 5/8 inch diameter 6Al-4V titanium double shear pin
- Optional EPDM “Rubber Guard” protects alloy Hawse fairleads — rubber barb attachment
- Can be installed and removed in minutes — simple snap ring removal
- Cinches neatly against all types of fairleads — Hawse or Roller
- Beautifully anodized and zinc plated in the USA
For Liability Reasons, load bearing recovery gear my not be returned or exchanged.
Southeast Overland disclaims all liability and responsibility for any injury or damage that may occur when using a recovery product sold by Southeast Overland. Recovery of a vehicle involves extreme loads and can result in injury and death. Please seek professional instruction in the proper use of recovery gear.